We recommend that anyone entering the competition read the rules carefully before entering. If you have any questions please contact us on tgiuk@togetherintheUK.co.uk
1. The competition is open to all age groups from first and second generation migrants to the UK.
2. All entries must include the following information:
· Your full name (Only your first name will be published so don't add it in the body of the content)
· Category (Poetry or short story/essay) (Poems maximum 200 words, Short Stories/Essays maximum 1000 words)
· Age Group (under 18, over 18)
3. The closing date is 30th April, 2021.
4. Winners will be announced by 1st May, 2021. Winners will be invited to take part in a celebration event (its format will depend on Covid-19 restrictions).
5. You may, if you wish, submit without giving your name. If you wish to do this, please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it for you.
6. In each age group, there will be 3 prizes per category. All entries will be published on the TogetherintheUK website.
7. Entries must not include profanities or any content that might indicate prejudice against any communities including different ethnicities, religions or sexual orientation.
8. All entries will be moderated before publication on the website.
9. All entries must be submitted in English.
10. The winners will be decided by a public vote on the website and the top ten winners will then be put forward to an independent panel of judges who will decide on the winning entry.
12. Unfortunately, we cannot return entries so please be sure to keep a copy.
13. Under no circumstances can entries be edited after submission.
14. We reserve the right to change the judging panel, if necessary.
15. The judge’s decision is final. Unfortunately, due to the number of entries we cannot offer feedback on individual entries.
16. Submissions must be the entrants own original work and must not have been published.
17. The copyright of the submission remains the authors, however entrants agree that TogetherInTheUK can publish or broadcast submissions via their website, self-published or published book, social media channels or in marketing materials.
18. All entrants will be added as subscribers to TogetherintheUK Lists under GDPR so any subscriber can unsubscribe at any time.
NOTE: In submitting an entry, contestants have agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the competition as shown our website at https://togetherintheuk.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/